I saw this one over on Feed The Crime and decided to give it a go.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I used to when I was younger but these days I am very rarely a passenger in a car. If I am I’m not reading.
2. The Harry Potter Series or The Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer
If I have to choose one I have to go with Harry Potter for the following reasons
- I have read Harry Potter
- I haven’t read Twilight
- I have no intention of ever reading Twilight (sorry, I read the first bit of book 1 and hated it)
3. Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it?
I usually have a bag with me that has a book or kindle in it…. is that a book bag or a bag with a book in it? Anyway, it usually also has my lunch if it’s a work day, some bookmarks (to give to people), and headphones if I feel like switching to an audio book or podcast.
4. Do you smell your books?
Not as a rule but I have been known to smell a book or two.
5. Books with or without illustrations?
6. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I don’t really remember this happening but this could be due to a lack of re-reading on my part.
7. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really, no.
8. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Strange Medicine by Mike Russell. It’s about 140 pages I think.
9. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I think it is Fire and Blood by George R R Martin
10. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future becoming an author?
I don’t write at the moment. I don’t know if I would ever have the discipline to become and author as much as I want to.
11. When did you get into reading?
I can’t remember a part of my early childhood where I wasn’t reading. I know I stopped for a while as a sulky teenager but I started reading again in college.
12. What is Your Favourite Classic Book?
Either 1984 or The Third Policeman.
13. In school was your best subject English or another Language Arts subject?
No, my best subject was actually business studies…
14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Oh…. eh…. I’d like to think I would accept it graciously but I know damn well my face would let me down and the gift giver would be able to tell something was wrong.
15. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
Eh… I dunno. All that comes to mind is Knights of The Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden. Not exactly like Hunger Games but there are children in peril and magic…
16. What is your favourite word?
I don’t really have one. I used to say it was Oculolinctus in college to make conversation, but it also inevitably led to people thinking I was into that….. which I certain am not.
17. Are you a Nerd, Dork, or Dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’ve been called a Nerd for most of my life so lets go with that.
18. Vampires or Faeries?
I like stories with faeries more.
19. Bookmark or Random Piece of Paper?
Bookmark, I even have my own. 🙂
20. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I guess forbidden love is more entertaining….
21. One book at a time or several books at once?
Before I started reviewing I could never read more than one book at a time. These days I usually have an audiobook and a physical book or two on the go. Although I do usually have it that the books aren’t from the same genre or of the same type (So I might have a non-fiction, a crime, and a sci-fi at one go)
22. Can you stop reading at any part of the book or does it have to be the end of the chapter?
I stop reading when my eyes start closing. It doesn’t matter if I’m in the middle of a chapter or not. I will say however if there are only two or three pages left in the chapter I will force myself to finish.
23. Do you write in your books?
No. If I need to take notes I take them on a separate piece of paper.
24. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV?
I can have music on as long as it is easy enough going (I can’t read while listening to metal for example). While I can have the TV on while reading it would only be background noise and I would only perk up when something happens
25. Do you read out loud or silently in your head?
Silently unless I’m reading to my daughter. She has yet to develop mind reading skills so I have to read out loud to her.
I’m supposed to tag people, but I would rather people do this if they want to.
If you take part please tag me back.