Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt
You know what they say, when it rains it pours, so today I have another #booktag – I’m really enjoying doing these, so I hope you like them. Anyway, I was tagged by Nicki over at The Secret Library who in turn spotted it over on The Portobello Book Blog.
I’m going to change things up a little for this and explain some of my choices. Also, my entire list is made up of books from my physical TBR shelf (as opposed to just all the books I have). Why? Because the books I have read are either in my parents’ house, get put away or donated as I’m currently renting and don’t have massive bookshelves. This also means that one or two of the answers may be slightly… off base. Enjoy!
1. Find an author name or title with a Z in it
This one was easy enough.
2. Find a classic
It even has CLASSIC written on the cover!
3. Find a book with a key on it
An allen key is still a key!!! (after looking at ALL my books this is the only one with a key) Also, I had to remove a sticker to expose said key (you can still see a bit of it)
4. Find something on your bookshelf that is not a book
Not just one thing, BUT TWO THINGS! Master Chief protects the books from The Covenant – ROSBC Pin is my prized possesion.
5. Find the oldest book on your shelf
Now. I’m not exactly SURE if this is the oldest book on my shelf. I picked a few that are certainly old and this was the oldest printing I could find (Printed 1987). So that’s what I’m going with.
6. Find a book with a woman on it
I had a few but this was the first one that I put my hand on
7. Find a book that has an animal in it
Lots of animals in this one
8. Find a book with a male protagonist
Unsurprisingly a lot of these on the shelf but I went for something a bit random
9. Find a book with only words on the cover
Only really had one choice here
10. Find a book with illustrations in it
I was a little put off by book 2, which is why this remains on the TBR
11. Find a book with gold lettering
A second appearance by Mr. Clarke
12. Find a diary, true or fictional
I didn’t have a diary – here’s a memoir
13. Find a book written by an author with a common surname (like Smith)
Fagan is a common name where I’m from…. I guess.
14. Find a favourite childhood book
This is only on my TBR because I’m going to read it again. Also, I did read book one as a child but read the rest in college…. Still counting it.
15. Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period
According to the back of this book these stories were written around 1812… so I’m assuming they are set before then given they are fairy tales 😉
16. Find a hardback book without a jacket
I didn’t even need to take the jacket off, there never was one!! Constantly dipping in and out of this one.
17. Find a teal/turquoise coloured book
I think this is turquoise…..
18. Find a book with stars on it
Boom! Stars on it AND in the name!
19. Find a non YA book
This could literally be almost any book on my shelf. Blind grab.
20. Find a book with a beautiful cover
A pure and wonderful thing of beauty. One of Ireland’s greatest ever players. I present to you, Shay Given.